Monday, April 23, 2012

Navy Violin Blue

A sewing blog? Who'd have thought. But maybe it will spur me on to take before and after pictures, because I'm always sad when I don't.

The story with this skirt is that I had very short notice from my teacher that I needed a navy blue skirt for performing with the group.
Navy blue? Didn't have it. This is what I grabbed off the Goodwill hanger; probably a buck. And I only wore it for violin.

So it's basically been sitting useless in my closet for the past 2 years, which is probably the story of a fifth of my clothes.

 Before:

Yikes. Just not something I would wear.


After I shortened it and added some lace trim:

Hmm. Okay, I can see liking it with some sandals and a white top. Add a belt and some earrings. The same things could have made the previous picture a little more bearable, but I think there's more to work with here. =) I'm fairly pleased with the results. And Navy Blue? It's not so bad.


But maybe not with the over-sized purple Phoenix Suns basketball shirt.

p.s. I still don't think I will ever really wear this... except for violin. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment