Thursday, May 9, 2013

woven rug


I loved this project. I'll probably have early onset arthritis because of it, but I love how it turned out, so I don't mind.
Stop looking at my weird toes.


All the fabric I used was given to me for free, so that was a plus. It took a LOT more fabric then I expected. Quite a few yards, in the end. About 100 two-inch x 5 foot strips of fabric. YIKESA.


After braiding all the fabric together after tearing it into strips (4 hours?) I glued it onto a thicker lime green material (1 hour?) and then I handstitched the braids to the lime-green-material so the braids wouldn't unravel. THAT took 2-3 hours and very sore fingertips.


But now it's done! And I'm so happy with it. :) It was worth it. I carry it around like a little baby, even though it's sturdier.

Linking up to this post. So excited to have a "link-party" for sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment